Harvard Diggins Library
The Harvard Diggins Library has an opening for a Library Assistant/Circulation. Applications are now being accepted and are available at the Circulation Desk. Position responsibilities are outlined below. For additional information, contact Karen Sutera, Library Director, at 815-943-4671 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Assistant/Circulation Objectives
Performs a variety of circulation tasks related to the operation of the library.
Reports to the Library Director
Library Assistant/Circulation Duties
Duties may include the following:
- Works at the circulation desk; schedule will be Tuesday evenings from 4:30PM-8PM. Additional evening and weekend hours as available.
- Circulates, reserves, renews, distributes and maintains all library materials. Empties book drop.
- Responsible for shelving materials when library pages are absent.
- Registers patrons and collects fines and fees for overdue and damaged items.
- Monitors public use of library facilities and assists patrons in location of library materials and equipment.
- Responds to telephone inquiries about library programs and services.
- Mends and processes library materials as needed.
- Performs other library tasks as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
High School graduate, some college preferred. Ability to communicate effectively and courteously; ability and desire to serve the public of all ages; and ability to work as a team member. Bilingual is preferred.